Tuesday, December 13, 2011

O Holy Night

"I think my search for the perfect O Holy Night just ended..."
Words I never thought I'd say left my lips this weekend

I whispered them to my mother during a benefit concert on last weekend. It was one of those rare moments when you're listening to a live performance and think, "Please, can you repeat the chorus one more time?" or "I hope he tacks on another 12 bars to this solo!"

I know you're just dying to find out which version this was and listen to it yourself. The unfortunate truth is that you can't listen to it, well unless you start coming to my church. It was a guitar/ukulele duet sung in Hawaiian by two men from my church and was absolutely beautiful.

The truth is that the search isn't over, I am beginning to realize that it will never over. I think perhaps I am not searching for the perfect O, Holy Night performance but rather the perfect O, Holy Night moment.

You can watch a (short) video of a different song here to see (p.s. yes I know that's a mandolin, they played that too).

No comments:

Post a Comment