Sunday, November 13, 2011

To Haiti With Love: Itinerary

Well friends, I fly into Port au Prince tomorrow!

I met with the rest of the Compassion team tonight (including Bethany, my roommate), it still all seems a little surreal but I'm going to be in Haiti tomorrow, crazy!

I'm not sure what the specific itinerary is but we will be flying in tomorrow morning and flying out Friday, it's kind of a fast and furious trip. That is compounded by the fact that we are meeting with so many people.

If you are the praying type, we could definitely use prayer for safety and health (don't drink the water, don't drink the water...). I don't know if you heard, but they've got a cholera outbreak in Haiti (the first one in 100 years!) and that is one Haiti-immersion experience I would like to skip.

You can also pray for my poor little arms. I am checking two 50 lbs bags and one 25 lb carry-on bag of donations for the projects and people we meet. Thank the Jesus that my insurance covers chiropractic care!

As for me, I will be living out of a backpack for the next 6 days! I normally wouldn't mind but I'm planning on taking a lot of pictures and a few will probably have me in them. The fact that I am forgoing all but he most essential hygiene items raises some concern about the quality of those photos.

Yes, its a ridiculous concern but there you are, I'm a vain little girl at heart.

But above all please pray that the people we meet will be better for our visit. Pray that the people we talk to when we get home will be filled with love and compassion for the people of the tiny, downtrodden, resilient little country.

Pray for Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment