Saturday, August 6, 2011

To Write Love on Her Arms: Fears vs Dreams

To Write Love on Her Arms is one of those organize that never fails to inspire me, today I hope they inspire you too.

I was talking to one of my friends recently about the idea of using videos to share stories. The goal of this being to show both variety and unity in our stories: we're all utterly unique in our stories yet, paradoxically, have a profound unity. I suspect that divisions and misunderstandings are at the heart of hate, pain, fear, apathy, malice, envy, etc. and that these feelings unravel when you understand someone; it's easier to hate a stranger than a friend.

Beyond just being a nice idea, I think there is something vital buried in this knowledge, not just an acknowledgement but a real experiential knowledge. The rare kind that comes after you've taken off your protective gloves, after you take the time to really understand someone, after you've earned their trust enough for them to reveal the deepest parts of their spirit. This is so much more than tolerance, it's not about festivals and parades. It's a person in your life who deserves your love and understanding.

Even as I shared this with my friend, I had trouble explaining it, I still do, and it sank to the back of my mind amid other projects until I saw this video by TWLOHA as part of their Fear vs Dreams campaign. And it all clicked: "Oh, that's what I was trying to say."
He himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation
Ephesians 2:14



To Write Love On Her Arms Movement Rubber Bracelet - WhiteTo Write Love On Her Arms Logo Pink Rubber BraceletTo Write Love On Her Arms Logo Rubber Bracelet - BlackTo Write Love On Her Arms Logo Turquoise Rubber BraceletTo Write Love On Her Arms Love Is The Movement Green Rubber Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment