Friday, August 12, 2011

One bite at a time...

You know that proverb about the tiny Japanese man who ate 8 feet of sushi (Seriously, who eats an elephant? They're endangered.)?

I have been learning an important and similar lesson these past 8 months: one does not become a movie-making, web-designing, photographing, philanthropic, digital-story-catching sensation overnight. 

Or over 250 nights. 

The process of learning to see people for their stories and translate those stories into a tasty medium happens one laborious step at a time. One tiny, lady-like bite at a time.

And, if you will indulge me, if one chooses to take an over-large, Guy Fieri sized bite, unpleasant things can and likely will happen.  With that in mind, I give you my 48x48 pixel bite...


That stupid little button represents 4 hours of my life. In pain, sweat, and the occasional bout of mild profanity, I brought it into existence. I drew that "f" out of all the love that is in my heart.

And then I looked and said, it is good. Enough. Good enough for a first try.

And for fun...

Niece #2

No comments:

Post a Comment