Monday, August 22, 2011

The Silence of the Lambs

I'm participating in a read-through of Too Small to Ignore by Wess Stafford, president of Compassion International, hosted by Jill Foley at Compassion Family. I wanted to share my thoughts on Chapter 9, The Silence of the Lambs.
I admit, the first time I read Too Small to Ignore by Compassion International president Wess Stafford, I thought I knew exactly what to expect: a treatise on the desperation of children in poverty and the importance of having a benevolent heart. Good stuff, sure, but something we’ve all heard before. What I did not expect was a very human and intensely personal story.
What I quickly learned as I read and reread Too Small to Ignore was that, no matter how deeply you care about a particular cause, it will never be as real to you as it is to those who live it. This is the story that is revealed in these pages: personal experiences with poverty, injustice, and suffering that grew into a deep-rooted passion for the forgotten and voiceless, especially children.
Read more.
You can read the rest of the Too Small to Ignore read-through entries here.


No comments:

Post a Comment