Friday, July 8, 2011

Hold the wheel and drive...

I love driving, it's meditative, cathartic. My car becomes a prayer closet and my dashboard an altar (sans the little plastic Jesus figurine). One of these days I'll have to share with you my revelation about predestination that occured on Highway 84 (More Road to Portland than Damascus). I do my best thinking when I'm driving, though writing things down is somewhat difficult.

Since I had my Walden Weekend, I've been jonesing for some more thinking time. And I do love thinking, maybe I should have been a monk. Then I could hang out with Brother Lawrence and he could clue me in on The Practice of The Presence of God thing. But more on that at a later date...

This is why I'm so very excited that tonight I am headed out for a 23 hour roadtrip to sunny SoCal to pick up my friend Whitney for a 5 day road trip up Highway 101.


Aren't we a happy couple of rainsoaked bedraggled beauties?

Whitney rocks. Lest you think I exaggerate, check her out.

If you have a moment this coming week, think of Whit and I, wending our way up the coast as we add another 3K miles to my Nissan. Then go call a friend. Friends are awesome.

Have a great week, friends! I know I will.
For fun, let's flashback to 2001 and listen to some driving music.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! the scenery along the 101is some of God's best handiwork, and road trips are the best! Enjoy!

    P.S...I blame the deep thoughts that I have while driving on why I end up places I don't intend to go, or have no idea where I parked my car. Deep thought while behind the wheel can be dangerous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'll watch out for that! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete