Monday, April 25, 2011

Best Tweet of the Day! (World Malaria Day)

"Team Coco Gets Behind World Malaria Day [VIDEO] - http://on.mash.to/fxBVEg"  (twitter.com/mashable)

I love those moments when reality is suspended and my life converges in this way. I love when people I want to love because they're funny make me love them because they have heart. Honestly, no matter where you're coming from, regardless of your personal beliefs, there are some things that nearly everyone on the planet can get behind.

Things like saving a child's life...for $10.00.

This is why I love philanthropy and humanitarianism, it breaks down the walls that we so faithfully put up though, in reality, there is nothing that should break down more walls than the good news that "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief "(1 Tim 1:15).

But until the day that we really believe that the ground is, indeed, level at the foot of the cross, days like today feel good.

Read more about Compassion International's (year-round) work to combat Malaria through their Bite Back campaign.

photo: Compassion Internationl

No comments:

Post a Comment